Partners for Law in Development (PLD) is looking for an intern to assist us with our CEDAW South Asia website.
About CEDAW South Asia Website:
CEDAW is an acronym for the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. It is the first international treaty that addresses discrimination against women comprehensively in all areas. The Convention has been ratified by all South Asian countries.
PLD seeks to advance implementation of CEDAW in South Asia by making available region specific online resources through our website. The site facilitates the regional sharing of information, knowledge resources, country updates, announcements of capacity building and learning opportunities within South Asia on Gender and Human Rights. These are particularly in reference to CEDAW, Universal Periodic Review (UPR) and country mission reports by Special Rapporteurs.
- Compile updates related to gender and human rights, particularly, reports from Human Rights systems related to state of Women’s Human Rights in South Asia, as well as Universal Periodic Review of countries in South Asia and country mission reports.
- Update the website and upload reports on to it.
- Organise back end data of the website and provide any other assistance related to the project.
- Graduate or postgraduate in Law/ Social Sciences with an interest and knowledge of International Law and Gender.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (and preferably WordPress).
- Must be motivated, organized and possess good research skills.
Schedule and Compensation:
- This internship is unpaid and the intern will be expected to come to our office regularly for two months.
- Upon successful completion of the internship, the intern will be given a certification of appreciation.
Starting Date: 1st July, 2017
How to Apply:
All applications must be accompanied by a CV, a statement of interest no longer than a page, and the name and contact of a referee. Applications must be emailed by 26th June, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line saying ‘Application for CEDAW Internship.’ Please specify your dates of availability.
For inquiries and clarifications about the content of the project, please write to the email id provided above.