PLD always welcomes bright, energetic, and passionate individuals to offer their time. Email us at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering with us, expressly mentioning your areas of interest and the skills you can offer.
PLD offers internships to those with a background in law or social sciences. In all situations we can reimburse a limited amount for local travel expenses. If you are interested in interning with PLD please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter stating your qualifications, experience and areas of work you are interested in at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Internship Openings:
Job Description: Partners for Law in Development (PLD) is looking for an intern to assist us with our CEDAW South Asia website.
About CEDAW South Asia Website: CEDAW is an acronym for the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. It is the first international treaty that addresses discrimination against women comprehensively in all areas. The Convention has been ratified by all South Asian countries.
PLD seeks to advance implementation of CEDAW in South Asia by making available region specific online resources through our website. The site facilitates the regional sharing of information, knowledge resources, country updates, announcements of capacity building and learning opportunities within South Asia on Gender and Human Rights. These are particularly in reference to CEDAW, Universal Periodic Review (UPR) and country mission reports by Special Rapporteurs.
- Compile updates related to gender and human rights, particularly, reports from Human Rights systems related to state of Women’s Human Rights in South Asia, as well as Universal Periodic Review of countries in South Asia and country mission reports.
- Update the website and upload reports on to it.
- Organise back end data of the website and any other assistance related to the project.
- Graduate or postgraduate in Law with an interest and knowledge of International Law and Gender.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (and preferably WordPress).
- Must be motivated, organized and possess good research skills.
Schedule and Compensation:
- This internship is unpaid and the intern will be expected to come to our office regularly for two months.
- Upon successful completion of the internship, the intern will be given a certification of appreciation.
Starting Date: rolling acceptance
How to Apply: All applications must be accompanied by a CV, a statement of interest no longer than a page, and the name and contact of a referee. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com with a subject line saying ‘Application for CEDAW Internship.’ Please specify your dates of availability.
To read experiences of previous interns, please Click Here