Vacancy for a Legal Researcher
Partners for Law in Development (PLD) is looking for a legal researcher for research on issues of gender, sexuality and violence against women.
About the Project:
The thematic areas of research include child sexual abuse, criminalization of adolescent consensual sexual contact, domestic policies/ law that impact realization of sexual health rights, and domestic violence. It also includes continuation of work and advocacy on previous action research related to rape trial observations in Delhi and legal protection to women in intimate relationships that do not amount to marriage.
Most of the research at PLD involves looking at law in social contexts, often involving community organizations as partners in the process of conducting and analyzing research. The researcher would require skills and capacities that are sensitive to consultative and participatory processes, desk research skills in addition to conceptual clarity and familiarity with feminist debates on gender and sexuality.
- Expand the sample of PLD’s existing database by studying and identifying cases involving child sexual abuse, and early and child marriage.
- Verify and statistically analyse the collated data.
- Assist in writing a report on findings of the research project.
- Assist in organising and documenting consultation meetings for advocacy.
- Graduate or postgraduate in Law with an interest and knowledge of gender and sexuality issues in India.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Must be motivated, organized and possess good research skills.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Based on experience of the candidate.
Starting Date: 1st August, 2017
How to Apply:
All applications must be accompanied by a CV, a statement of interest no longer than a page, and the name and contact of a referee. Applications must be emailed by 23rd July, 2017 to email@example.com with a subject line saying ‘Application for Legal Researcher.’ Please specify your dates of availability.
For inquiries and clarifications about the content of the project, please write to the email id provided above.